As I mentioned before, I have put a hypothesis in mind. What I got to do next is to turn it into a valid user problem by a small user interview that personally use IKEA mobile apps. As for this research, I wrote my hypothesis to be :
As a user, I find it hard exploring what product I’m looking for in IKEA
Then I went to the users who have been using IKEA apps and ask from their perspective-wise wether it’s a valid point.
I went to ask 9 IKEA users that have been using it for around 5 months to a year. It turns out, 8 out of 9 found this issue a valid problem.
Once, I got the problem valid, I went to the next step, which is: