technology – the application of scientific discoveries for practical purposes, especially in industry. - Technology is advancing at such a rate that it’s difficult to imagine what our lives will be like in 20 years time. technological – relating to or involving technology.
- Recent technological advances in computing and telecommunications mean that some of our staff work mainly from home and don’t need to travel into the office every day.
technophile – a person who is enthusiastic about new technology.
- My brother is a true technophile and can tell you about every new gadget on the market.
a techie – a person who knows a lot about technology, especially computers or other electronic equipment.
- I’m not surprised Sue Lin is working for a top computer agency as she was always a real techie at school.
tech-savvy – well informed about or proficient in the use of modern technology, especially computers.
- My kids are far more tech-savvy than I am, having grown up with computer technology.
technophobe – a person who fears or dislikes new technology, especially computers, and does not want to use it.
- I keep telling him how easy it is to send an email but he’s an ardent technophobe and refuses to even have a go.
Want to print your doc?
This is not the way.
Try clicking the ⋯ next to your doc name or using a keyboard shortcut (