- Should Christians celebrate Halloween? Why (not)?
- Do you think it is appropriate for adults to celebrate Halloween? Why (not)?
- Do you think it’s dangerous for children to go trick-or-treating? Why (not)?
- Many Halloween costumes for adults seem sexy or overly revealing. Why are these kinds of costumes popular?
- Celebrating Halloween has origins in remembering the dead and confronting the concept of death with humor. How do you feel about death?
TELL A STORY
Tell your partner a story about Halloween. It can be a story about you going trick-or-treating, a party you visited, a costume you wore, etc.
AGREE OR DISAGREE
Halloween is only an excuse to eat too many sweets.
Halloween shouldn't be a holiday since it celebrates death and the devil.
Halloween is the only day when we treat every child who comes to our door as if they were our own.
Halloween is too American, so it shouldn't be celebrated in other parts of the world.