Meesho Study
Share
Explore

icon picker
Introduction

"Not just a homemaker, a Meesho Entrepreneur."

About Meesho

Meesho is India's largest resale platform, was founded in 2015. It essentially connects manufacturers to resellers. Manufacturers list their commodities on the Meesho shopping app, which allows merchants to choose from any of their products and sell them to customers using social networks like WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram. Clothing, accessories, furniture, culinary utensils, and cosmetics producers are among the suppliers who list their products on Meesho.
light
One Line definition
“Online marketplace and reselling platform for multi-category consumer products”

Vision

Meesho's vision is to enable 100 million small businesses in India, including individual entrepreneurs, to succeed online.

Value Proposition

Meesho provides resellers with a platform to start and grow their own business with zero investment. It sources products from suppliers at wholesale prices and offers the same to resellers to sell to their target audience.


Competitors
0
Name
GlowRoad
BulBul
Simsim
Shopsy
1
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
2
Launch Year
2017
2018
2019
2021
3
Total Users
18M+
280k+
450M+
5M+
4
Total Reselelrs
6M+
undisclosed
1200+
undisclosed
5
Overall Funding
$31.3Mn
$8.7Mn
$15.5Mn
$318K
There are no rows in this table

Meesho in Numbers

image 1.png
Meesho recorded a 5,700+ Cr revenue in 2023.
Meesho earned $403 million in revenue in 2022, up from $100.5 million the year prior
Meesho was downloaded 145 million times in 2022. This is a fall from 192.8 million downloads in 2021
Meesho registered a loss of $390.1 million in 2022, following losses each year since 2018
In February meesho.com received 51.04M visits with the average session duration 16:53. Compared to January traffic to meesho.com has increased by 14.26%.
image.png
image.png
• Meesho's core audience is located in India followed by United States, and United Arab Emirates. With majority of users using sessions on mobile.
58.41% of the users on Meesho are male and the rest to 41.59% are female.
More than half of the entrepreneurs using Meesho are women and the app reached female retailers in 2021.


Share
 
Want to print your doc?
This is not the way.
Try clicking the ⋯ next to your doc name or using a keyboard shortcut (
CtrlP
) instead.