Adobe Premiere has a handy one-click feature that removes all the holes between clips. By default it is without a hotkey, which is very useful for synchronizing your for youtube videos.
Assign a hotkey to the Close Gap function:
1. Go to the keyboard settings [SHIFT+ALT+K]. In the search find the function Close Gap and assign it to any button, I assigned it [ALT+G]
Older versions of Adobe Premiere did not have this feature. You had to remove the holes as follows:
Project - New Item - Adjustment layer or File - New Item - Adjustment layer
2. Placing the Adjustment layer on Track2
3. Select Track1. To do this, use the Track select forward tool [A]. By default, the selection works for all tracks. To select only one track, press [SHIFT].
4. Move the selected frames to Track2 [ALT + ↑]
5. Cut the Adjustment layer and return the selected frames to Track1 [ALT + ↓]
6. Highlight Track2 [A], [SHIFT] and delete [DEL+SHIFT]