What you are to do in this assignment:
Working with your team, choose an interesting quandrant and a couple of colored circles +>
Make a TRELLO board to capture your Team’s thinking and research into how the principles of Software Quality Engineering / Building, Testing, Deploying Software might be evolved in the coming years to prevent another Software Crisis as these technologies become mainstream.
Make your Trello Board = Main a member.
Grading Rubric: F23 MAD5234 Assignment 2
Mission Objective: Prevent another Software Crisis
Total Points: 100
The core focus we want to see in this Presentation is the impacts to the software engineering teams and test teams of the loaming changes emerging in their realms of concern.
What actions do those players need to take now in their realms of concern to prevent another software crisis.
1. Understanding and Comprehension (40 points)
a. Depth of Research (15 points):
Has the student/team referenced and utilized the key resources provided by Gartner? Is there evidence of additional research beyond the provided materials?
b. Comprehension of 2023 Gartner Technology Roadmap (15 points):
Does the Trello board capture the essence of the technology roadmap as outlined by Gartner? Are the key takeaways clearly highlighted?
c. Understanding of Software Quality Engineering Principles (10 points):
Is there a clear connection between the Gartner Roadmap and Software Quality Engineering principles? Are best practices related to building, testing, and deploying software identified and linked to the trends?
2. Trello Board Organization and Structure (25 points)
a. Board Structure (10 points):
Is the Trello board logically structured? Are there clear columns/lists representing stages or categories?
b. Card Details (10 points):
Are individual cards descriptive and provide all necessary details? Are labels, checklists, due dates, and members appropriately used?
c. Visual Appeal and Readability (5 points):
Is the board visually engaging, making use of colors, images, or other media? Is the information presented in a clear, readable manner?
3. Critical Thinking and Analysis (25 points)
a. Future Projection (10 points):
Does the Trello board include projections or thoughts on how the trends might evolve in the coming years? Are there strategies suggested to prevent potential software crises?
b. Connection to Real-world Applications (10 points):
Are there examples or case studies mentioned that tie the roadmap trends to current industry practices or applications? Are potential challenges and solutions presented?
c. Originality of Thought / Thought Leadership (5 points):
Does the assignment showcase unique insights or perspectives not directly lifted from the provided materials? Is there evidence of critical thinking in interpreting the data and trends?
4. Collaboration and Teamwork (10 points, if applicable)
a. Team Participation (5 points):
Is there evidence that all team members contributed to the project? Are roles and responsibilities clearly defined?
b. Collaborative Tools (5 points):
Are features of Trello, like comments, mentions, and team discussions, utilized to show collaboration? Is there a clear history of iterative development and feedback within the team?
𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝗧𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗻𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘆 𝗥𝗼𝗮𝗱𝗺𝗮𝗽 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗦𝗼𝗳𝘁𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗘𝗻𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 by Gartner
Gartner surveyed more than 140 software engineering leaders from significant companies about their strategies for mapping deployment risk, enterprise value, and deadlines for 47 prominent technologies and processes.
𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝗧𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗻𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘆 𝗥𝗼𝗮𝗱𝗺𝗮𝗽 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗦𝗼𝗳𝘁𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗘𝗻𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 by Gartner
Gartner has published various articles and research reports that discuss technology trends and adoption strategies for software engineering leaders. Some key resources include:
Gartner for Software Engineering Leaders: This resource helps software engineering leaders align with stakeholders, retain and optimize their teams, and build innovative products. 2023 Gartner Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies: This report identifies 25 must-know emerging technologies designed to help enterprise architecture and technology innovation leaders. Gartner Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends 2023: This article discusses the top 10 strategic technology trends that could represent risks or opportunities for organizations. 2023 Technology Adoption Roadmap for Software Engineering: This roadmap harnesses the collective wisdom of 142 software engineering leaders who shared their deployment plans for 47 technologies and practices, along with their perceptions of the value each technology provides and the risks of adopting. Strategic Roadmap to Building a World-Class Software Engineering Organization: This resource focuses on three key drivers of success for software engineering leaders to mature their organizations and better meet the needs of stakeholders, partners, and customers. Gartner Identifies the Top Strategic Technology Trends in Software Engineering for 2023: This press release announces the top strategic technology trends in software engineering for 2023 and beyond, presented during the Gartner Application Innovation & Business Solutions Summit.
These resources can help software engineering leaders understand the latest technology trends, benchmark their technology deployment and adoption strategies, and drive innovation in their organizations.
How does the 2023 Gartner Technology Roadmap for Software Engineering impact software development
The 2023 Gartner Technology Roadmap for Software Engineering impacts software development in several ways, as it highlights key trends, technologies, and practices that software engineering leaders should adopt to stay competitive and drive innovation in their organizations. Some of the main impacts include:
Emphasis on developer experience: Improving the developer experience is a driving force behind technology adoption in software engineering. This includes adopting tools and practices that streamline workflows, enhance collaboration, and increase agility. Focus on modern software architectures: Organizations are deploying technologies to manage complex application architectures, with 67% of these technologies planned for deployment in 2023. This highlights the importance of adopting modern software architectures to deliver new digital products and experiences. Addressing talent availability and cost risks: Software engineering leaders cite high or unpredictable costs and talent availability as primary risk factors when adopting technologies. Addressing these risks is crucial for successful technology adoption and maintaining a competitive edge in software development. Investment in high-value platform technologies: Organizations are investing in high-value platform technologies despite potential risks, as they recognize the benefits of adopting these technologies for their software engineering processes. Accelerating value generation for the business: Software engineering leaders are focusing on accelerating value generation for their organizations by adopting technologies and practices that deliver superior capabilities and provide cost efficiency.
By understanding and adopting the trends and technologies highlighted in the 2023 Gartner Technology Roadmap for Software Engineering, software development organizations can optimize their strategies, drive innovation, and stay ahead of the curve in an ever-evolving industry.
Not AccurateView SourcesCopy To ClipboardEdit Query
Here are the 𝗸𝗲𝘆 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗮𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀:
𝟭. 𝗩𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗲 𝗱𝗿𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀: Delivering superior capabilities and providing cost efficiency are the primary value drivers of software engineering technology adoption.
𝟮. 𝗥𝗶𝘀𝗸𝘀: Software engineering leaders cite high or unpredictable costs and talent availability as the primary risk factors when adopting technologies. At the same time, price is a significant issue for more technologies, and talent availability risks are severe.
𝟯. 𝗔𝗿𝗰𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗰𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀: Organizations deploy technologies to manage complex application architectures. In this area, 67% of the technologies are slated for deployment in 2023.
𝟰. 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺: Organizations invest in high-value platform technologies despite concerns about significant upfront costs. Leaders are implementing several platform technologies, such as cloud management platforms, API management PaaS, and iPaaS.
𝟱. 𝗗𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲: The top factors for technologies and techniques in the developer platforms and tools area are performance engineering, internal developer portals, and browser-based IDEs to improve developer experience or productivity.
𝟲. 𝗦𝗲𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘆: Organizations are adopting security and verification technologies to improve resilience and reliability throughout the SDLC. API threat protection is among the most valuable solutions that support stability and reliability.
𝟳. 𝗨𝗫: User experience and design technologies are low-risk ways to deliver value. In 2023, businesses intend to use various tools to assist with user experience and design.
We can see from the overview that technologies already implemented and have a high value but low risk are 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗴𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗪𝗲𝗯 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 (PWA), while 𝗙𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗠𝗴𝗺𝘁 𝘁𝗼𝗼𝗹𝘀 have a bit less value. 𝗖𝗹𝗼𝘂𝗱 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺𝘀 and 𝗔𝗣𝗜 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 also bring more increased value.
According to Gartner, the top technology trends for 2023 are as follows:
1. Internet of Behaviors (IoB): The IoB refers to the collection and analysis of data from various sources to influence individual behaviors and decision-making. This trend focuses on understanding and shaping user behavior using data analytics and behavioral science.
2. Total Experience (TX): Total Experience combines multi-experience, customer experience, employee experience, and user experience to create a comprehensive and integrated experience for users. It aims to provide a seamless and consistent experience across different touchpoints.
3. Privacy-Enhancing Computation: Privacy-Enhancing Computation involves using cryptographic techniques and secure multi-party computation to process data while preserving privacy. This trend helps organizations protect sensitive data while performing complex computations.
4. Distributed Cloud: Distributed Cloud brings cloud services closer to the edge of the network, enabling faster data processing and reduced latency. It combines the benefits of centralized cloud infrastructure with edge computing capabilities.
5. Anywhere Operations: Anywhere Operations involves enabling remote work, virtual collaboration, and digital customer interaction from anywhere. It focuses on creating a flexible and scalable operational model that supports remote and distributed work environments.
6. Cybersecurity Mesh: Cybersecurity Mesh refers to the decentralization of security controls and policies to adapt to the evolving threat landscape. It seeks to provide security for people, devices, and services regardless of location.
7. Intelligent Composable Business: Intelligent Composable Business focuses on organizations' ability to adapt and reconfigure their business processes quickly and dynamically. It involves leveraging modular and composable technologies to build agile and responsive business operations.
8. AI Engineering: AI Engineering refers to the application of engineering and DevOps principles to the development, deployment, and maintenance of AI models and systems. It aims to address challenges related to scalability, reliability, and interpretability of AI solutions.
9. Hyperautomation: Hyperautomation involves the extensive use of automation technologies, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and robotic process automation (RPA), to augment and automate business processes. It aims to improve efficiency and productivity.
10. Sustainability: Sustainability focuses on integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors into business strategies and operations. It involves adopting sustainable practices and technologies