Skip to content
Village Halls Domesday Book 2021
Share
Explore
Browse by area

icon picker
Nottinghamshire

Village halls in Nottinghamshire
hall.jpg
Bestwood Village Hall (The Welfare)
Nottinghamshire
Bunny Village Hall
Nottinghamshire
This former school became a village hall in the 60s and is owned by the Bunny & Bradmore Charities Trust. There are two rooms, with a kitchen added about 70 years ago. During these Covid times and not being able to use the hall, we have made it a time to freshen it up with a coat of paint and to hope that it will encourage many more bookings as we move into the relaxing of rules
thumbnail.jpg
Coddington Community Centre
Nottinghamshire
The centre was built in 2006 as an Eco Friendly facility by Newark and Sherwood District Council. The ownership was transferred to Coddington Parish Council in 2016. The centre is managed by “Coddington Community Association CIO”, a registered charity. The aim of the centre is to provide a place for local residents to get together for activities or celebrations. The term local residents is not confined just to Coddington, it includes people who live just over a mile away at the top of Beacon Hill. As an Eco Friendly public building there is a considerable amount of maintenance that takes place to keep everything in order and the certification up to date.
T3859 Village Hall 2015 small.JPG
Coddington Village Hall
Nottinghamshire
Still here after COVID! We’ve managed to keep most of our users and we have continued with Rural Touring events which are generally well supported. The oldest corrugated iron part of our hall dates to around 1870; the newest - Coronation Hall - predictably to the early 1950s. The latter was comprehensively refurbished in 2014 and is now fully insulated and double glazed with LED lighting.
Hall 2.jpg
Edwinstowe Village Hall
Nottinghamshire
Our Village Hall used to be a school in our village. Our Hall is a thrive of activity in usual times, we have 18 regular groups. we age between 0-100! We also offer a venue for Coffee mornings and Parties etc. we cant wait to reopen and become a hub of the community again
IMG_0553A.jpg
Elston Village Hall
Nottinghamshire
villlagehall(04-Sep-13_17-08-10).jpg
Everton Village Hall
Nottinghamshire
William Harland Metcalfe, a former Rector and Farmer in Everton and Scaftworth left a significant proportion of his estate in his Will to the Parishes of Everton and Scaftworth. The charity was founded on 23rd February, 1946 and was approved and registered with the Charity Commissioners as The Metcalfe Charitable Trust on 7th December, 1960. The Charity’s objectives are: “To operate and maintain the parish institute (Village Hall) and Recreation Ground, Everton, for the benefit of the inhabitants of the parishes of Everton and Scaftworth (includes Harwell and Drakeholes) in the County of Nottinghamshire and apply any surplus income for such other charitable purposes for the benefit of the said inhabitants as the Trustees deem fit”. Details of Events and Hall use can be found on the Parish Council Website and https://www.nottshelpyourself.org.uk/kb5/nottinghamshire/directory/service.page?id=_YXwa820E3w
6480a321-c6cc-4289-8d4e-c3bfa7f17af1.jpg
Fernwood Village Hall
Nottinghamshire
Fernwood Village Hall opened in 2008. It is a wonderful community hub. At the moment, it is quiet due to the National Lockdown caused by the Covid 19 pandemic. But we cannot wait to reopen and have all our activities back up and running including Fernwood Community Church, dance and exercise groups, toddler groups, slimming groups and Parish Council meetings...not to mention all the parties!!!
Gotham_Memorial_Hall.jpg
Gotham Memorial Hall
Nottinghamshire
Our hall is at the hub of our community. We have lots of regular users from WI, History Society, Parish Council, lots of different classes and a toddler group. We are also home to the Doctors Surgery and Inspire Library Service.
vh.jpg
Headon-cum-Upton Village Hall
Nottinghamshire
Headon-cum-Upton Village Hall was originally the village school, built by Me E Harcourt-Vernon of Grove Hall (the owner of all the land in the village) to commemorate Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee. The school opened in 1899 and closed in 1959. When the Grove Estate was sold in 1946 village residents clubbed together to raise the asking price of £500. The Hall was extended and refurbished in 2000 and was officially opened by HRH the Princess Royal in 2002. The judges’ comments when we won RCAN’s Best Run Village Hall in Nottinghamshire Competition in 2009 are still valid: · A first class Village Hall for a place of this size · The bar and cinema are brilliant community features with a number of strong community events · The centre of village life The Committee has continued to build on this success by further developing community activities, making this hall a vibrant centre of the community.
Village Hall.jpg
Keyworth Village Hall
Nottinghamshire
Keyworth Parish Hall houses four meeting rooms and a Recreational Ground is located immediately outside. The Village Hall is regularly used by 38 different organisations, many supported by the Parish Council via reductions or waiver of fees. Part of the recreational ground is shortly to receive a peace garden in recognition of those who lived locally and died in the two World Wars.
IMG_1343.JPG
Ollerton Jubilee Hall
Nottinghamshire
A lovely main hall with a separate bar area and a newly refitted large kitchen. Home for various exercise groups the W.I. and U3A and great for parties and events.
FF5B2FBE-4DD1-4623-87FC-2E5656E7BB34.jpeg
Rampton Village Hall
Nottinghamshire
IMG_20201123_133232 (4).jpg
Rempstone Village Hall
Nottinghamshire
Rempstone Village Hall is a modern, purpose built community facility in the heart of this rural village in south Nottinghamshire, It is situated north of Loughborough and south of Nottingham on the A6006. Opened in 2011, it is a popular local venue for fund raising events, fitness classes, children’s parties, meetings and private hire. There is a large main hall, bar and modern kitchen. The hall has free WiFi, air conditioning, sound system, film projector and seating for 100. The fully stocked kitchen has glass and dishwashers, a range cooker, large fridge and crockery for catered events. We welcome enquiries and visitors.
Photo Scrooby Village Hall 2019.png
Scrooby Village Hall
Nottinghamshire
Scrooby parish is home to one of the Mayflower Pilgrim Fathers, the forerunners of the USA, William Brewster. The Scrooby Village Hall was originally built in the 70’s (Opened by then US Ambassador Brewster), updated in 2008 and is currently being extended to enhance the toilet and catering facilities. The latter was needed because of the expected influx of tourists and Americans flocking to Scrooby for the 400th Anniversary of the sailing of the Mayflower. It is in full time use and home to young and old (Beavers and Rainbows, through to the Knitters and Natters of Scrooby), and is home to the annual Scrooby Show. Additionally the Scrooby Community Cinema runs a monthly cycle of interesting and current films and also hosts many entertainment evenings, social gatherings and private parties. The Scrooby Village Hall remains a vital community resource at the very heart of the village and parish and is always open to all upon request.
IMG_20190508_134515.jpg
Selston Parish hall
Nottinghamshire
Selston Parish Hall & Recreation Ground which includes a Pavilion, Football, Cricket & Bowls was originally Selston Miners Welfare. It became a Charity in 1976 whose oblect was to provide and maintain the recreation ground and community centre for the use of the inhabitants of the Parish of Selston. Volunteers help to maintain the sporting facilities. When the Parish Hall is open 38 different groups hire the facilities on a weekly basis for varying activities. Our local GP Surgery are planning to use the Hall as a Vacination centre.
DSC03187.JPG
South Muskham and Little Carlton Village Hall
Nottinghamshire
The hall and grounds were donated in a Trust Deed in 1957. With the help of several Grant Providers a series of improvements have been made since 2015, when we had a large extension built with new toilets, kitchen, full disabled access and ramped entrance. I have included a picture of a local resident with the new stone for the extension as she also witnessed the setting of the 1957 stone Since then we have built another small kitchen, bought 100 banqueting chairs, changed all the lighting to LED, had cavity wall insulation, installed acoustic panels, sound equipment, hearing loop and OHP projectors. The most recent improvements in 2020 were to build a second garage for storage and install solar panels. During lockdown we had the parquet floor resurfaced and the hall completely redecorated. As with many village halls, it has been very quiet but all our Hirers are planning to return. Everything happens at our Village Hall. We have baby and ante natal classes, taekwondo, yoga, zumba, childrens and adult dance classes, art groups, mindfulness, coffee mornings and of course family celebrations. A big wedding with a marquee for 200 people is planned for July, subject to restrictions being lifted. One thing we have planned for September, in conjunction with the local Church is to host a Remembrance and Celebration Service for those who have been bereaved during lockdown, followed by a free buffet at the Village Hall. There are a lot of hurting people in the community who did not get the chance to have a normal funeral service. That is part of our role as a Committee.
https://smlcvillagehall.co.uk/
IMG_1905.jpg
Thrumpton Village Hall
Nottinghamshire
Thrumpton Village Hall was originally opened in March 1962. In the years since then the villagers (now 75 households) have not only kept this their only community facility, other than the church next door, in good repair, but have also made some significant improvements and extensions to it. These changes have been facilitated by a number of grants and local fundraising. The Village Hall is a registered charity, with Trustees who serve for a 3 year term. The Management Committee holds regular meetings during the year between AGMs and generally controls and supervises the activities of our Village Hall & Social Club.
Schoolroom.jpg
Wellow Church Schoolroom
Nottinghamshire
Recently fully restored to its former glory by the trustees and a small dedicated team, this former Victorian school has served the pretty little rural village of Wellow and its inhabitants as a school, church/village hall, a reading room and so much more in its already 165 yr history. Since just before Covid the team, together with volunteers, have been researching Wellow’s heritage with the help of a Lottery Funded heritage grant- not an easy task with libraries and archives closed, but we’re managing, and it’ll be great to show off our findings once Covid subsides and we can all get back to enjoying time together inside our beautiful little Schoolroom.
Want to print your doc?
This is not the way.
Try clicking the ⋯ next to your doc name or using a keyboard shortcut (
CtrlP
) instead.