This tool gives product managers structured tools to keep track of their own product management processes. Whether it’s talking to customers, keeping track of ideas, prioritizing, or deciding what you should do next, this doc can help.
This doc is best used at the individual scrum team level or for a single project, where the Product Manager is the owner of the doc, but developers and designers have access to see how projects are shaping up.
- The Board gives you a kanban view of the entire PM process from problem validation, to solution validation, to implementation and iteration.
- Interviews and Usability Tests give you structured inputs for conducting customer interviews or usability tests. It’s great to let the rest of your team see this info.
- Initiative (Problem) and Epic (Solution) provide templates for recording documentation that you can distribute to the team and other stakeholders. A Slides section is included with a Google Slide embedded that contains templates to summarize the same information in slide format.
- The Story Map provides space to document a user journey through a flow that you are proposing to build. This is a great tool to make sure you account for every piece of development needed to enable a specific flow.
- On Stories, there are two different views of the Story List table where you can keep track of small features or epics. The first is focused on Priority groupings when you need a non-scientific prioritization method early on in the problem validation phase. The ROI table gives you a more refined view that takes into account the effort vs the benefits. Lastly, embedded is a diagram to help run a prioritization exercise with stakeholders.
- The Done page provides a table to keep track of old ideas after you’re done reviewing them.
- Finally, the Story section provides a template for actually writing tickets to go into your project management system. The tickets have markdown formatting to easily copy/paste them into Jira.
Meet Ross Chehayeb
I’m a SaaS product manager at Applause. I do work that ranges from field research, to solution design, to launching new products. I love working with data, creating strategy, and discovering new ways of thinking.
More docs from Ross →