- the use of words that begin with the same sound near one another (as in wild and woolly or a babbling brook)
- the ordered pattern of sounds in the lines of a poem
- a protagonist or notable figure who is conspicuously lacking in heroic qualities
- the power of expressing or communicating thoughts by speaking
: of or relating to the drama
- the main idea of the literary work
/sə-ˈli-lə-kwē/ - a poem, discourse, or utterance of a character in a drama that has the form of a monologue or gives the illusion of being a series of unspoken reflections
- a rhythmic system composed of two or more lines repeated as a unit
: such a unit recurring in a series of strophic units
- rhythm that continuously repeats a single basic pattern
- the rhythmic and intonational aspect of language
Want to print your doc?
This is not the way.
Try clicking the ⋯ next to your doc name or using a keyboard shortcut (