Public speaking (wl)
- The speech which recognizes the achievements of a person, explaining the nature of the award and why the recipient is eligible for the award.
- A brief, often humorous speech after a meal, containing a message that does not require radical changes in attitude or actions.
- A speech expressing gratitude for a gift, award, or some other form of social recognition.
- A short informative presentation delivered in a working environment.
ceremonial speaking = (ceremonial speech) A speech given on special occasions.
- A clash of opposing ideas, assessments and policy proposals on a topic of concern.
- A structured talk on a specific topic between a number of people in front of an audience.
Speech of acceptance
- A solemn speech expressing gratitude for the honour and to those who made the achievement possible.
Speech of presentation
- A speech in which a gift, award, or another form of social recognition is presented.
- A short thank-you speech, usually delivered at festive dinners or meetings.
Want to print your doc?
This is not the way.
Try clicking the ⋯ next to your doc name or using a keyboard shortcut (