- refine or perfect (something) over a period of time.
- a feeling of trust in one's abilities, qualities, and judgment.
- an integrated and sustained system of socially acquired values, beliefs and rules of behaviour that affect the range of accepted behaviours discernible from one social group to another.
Barriers to communication
- things that interfere with receiving a message. They can be physical, such as music playing loudly, or emotional, such as when a person is too angry or scared to listen to what another person is saying.
- a situation or relationship involving mutual or reciprocal action or obligation.
- the last step of the process, which ensures that the recipient has received the message and interpreted it correctly, as intended by the sender. This increases the effectiveness of communication because it allows the sender to know the effectiveness of his message.
- an agreement made by a group. A decision-making process aimed at achieving universal agreement among the members of the group. A strong consensus is achieved when opinion is widely shared among the entire population.