1. Potato: parboil baby potatoes (boil for 5 minutes on medium heat)
2. Paneer/Tofu: cut in cubes & set it aside
3. Chop the onions, garlic, ginger & green chilli as per the list
4. Keep all the other ingredients ready as per above list
1 x deep frying pan/sauce pan with a lid
1 x stirring spoon
NOTES, EXPERT TIPS & FAQ’S
1. Cooking pot: a deep frying pan/wok with a lid. It should be minimum of 3 inches deep
2. Neutral oil: any one of below oil can be used for this recipe (peanut, sunflower, canola, vegetable)
3. Ghee can be used for this recipe, if available
4. Spices: ground spices can be used instead of whole spices & seeds
4. Onions: red onions are recommended
5. Green chilli: index finger size with seeds or without seeds (adjust the spice as required)
6. Use kashmiri red chilli powder instead of Cayenne pepper powder, if you prefer mild curry (kashmiri red chilli powder is high in colour and less in heat). I recommend using less cayenne pepper, because there are a lot of other seasonings in this recipe.
7. Fenugreek dry leaves: fenugreek seeds powder can be used instead of fenugreek dry leaves as a substitute.
8. Fresh Coriander leaves/Cilantro: handful of freshly chopped coriander leaves and more leaves can be used for garnishing
Want to print your doc? This is not the way.
Try clicking the ⋯ next to your doc name or using a keyboard shortcut (