Within Service Engineering, to have a super track for supporting Premier/Premier+ and Premier Elite customer tickets/issues. This team should be doing first and frontline triage before engage other service engineers or DevOps/infra or R&D engineers
This initiative is to align with support teams and structure to better support the Premier/Premier+ and Premier Elite customers. From Service Engineering, we have to adhere to the same model/structure thus the extra step is for Premier/+/Elite SE team will front ending all tickets from Premier/+/elite customers and depending upon it requiring further help they will be rerouted. However, goal is to quickly acknowledge and potentially give a workaround and/or get the customer back up and running with config change or moving them to a different zone/cluster etc.
Customers that are paying for extra service like Premier support (at various levels till elite) expect a white-glove support from end-to-end. Also, with Premier/+/elite support comes with certain level of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and to that effect, having the tickets go through Premier+ escalation team
Some of the objectives for the team members of this group include, resolving tickets from a premier/+/elite customers and be customer facing but lean heavily on rest of engineering. Writing RCAs for all major incidents and specific requests from premier/+/elite customers. Feature requests for all but prioritize premier/+/elite customers’
Various measurements have to be done to be able to capture time it takes for a ticket from a premier/+/elite customer
1. acknowledge back - within 15 mins for highest and 1 hour for high
2. workaround provided - within 1 hour for highest and 4 hours for high
3. complete resolution - within 24 hours for highest and 48 hours for high
on a weekly basis
For the last couple of weeks Premier/+ tickets 2/3rds of total incoming tickets count (approx. 400/600)
💰 Team & expertise
Current team and future team members of this team and their expertise is as below:
Primary Prem Account
CC and FR
CC and FR
Seeta Rama Raju Kalidindidi
There are no rows in this table
The existing “Premier+ Customer Escalations” channels in Zoom chat will be primary point of escalation.
The “auto-assign” ZSEE to service engineer algo will be modified such that only the team members above will be assigned all Premier/+/Elite tickets
For any incidents reported in “#Zoom Service Status” all premier/+ customers need regular updates, so we have to post intermittent status in the following format to “#Premier+ Customer Escalations” channel:
P1 - Customers unable to access Zoom website and cannot login to use Zoom services
War Room: success.zoom.us/1234567
Current statement (With timestamp): We believe that failure in load-balancer was causing some web requests to not succeed and overloaded condition on web load-balancer was being suspected. (02.07.22 - 5:30 PM)
At high-level the algorithm to follow is below:
· An outage occurs or someone posts an issue on “#Zoom Service Status” channel.
· A war-room gets created and an external facing status gets posted.
· Time to time, engineering gives findings.
· A statement based on what engineering has been working on. For Example: “We believe that there is a backend issue on Zoom’s end.”
· A leader in the war room says yes/no on the statement and posted to #Premier+ Customer Escalations” channel.
· TAM sends that statement to appropriate customers once the leader says yes.