1. Stakeholder questions + requirements
Make sure you work with the stakeholder on collecting everything you may need for this project. Fore more details on questions, click
2. Establish due dates with project manager
Make sure you understand what the due date is for the final design deliverable, in addition to creating a deadline for the first draft feedback.
3. Competitive + inspiration research**
Before beginning on designs make sure you spend time researching ideas while following the design system guidelines. View guidelines
4. Design a first draft mockup (desktop, tablet, mobile)**
Design a first draft using the design system principles for both desktop and mobile devices. Make sure to follow
size dimensions for each device. Make sure you collaborate with content, SEO and development on any technical needs.
5. Share with stakeholder for feedback
Provide a link to the stakeholder for quick feedback on any major changes. If content changes come in - please notify the copywriter on your project prior to make any changes.
6. Present XD doc to data, dev QA team
Provide/present XD review link to the data team to add in data layer requirements for development prior to hand off - and please send to the QA team once it's finalized so they have a high level understanding of what they should QA.
7. Prepare assets with animation/micro-animation examples**
Make sure all assets are exportable in XD, images should be compressed, content is provided, hover states are represented, and any additional animations such as sticky navigations/footers or modals are clearly distinguished.
Hand off XD dev and review links to the developer ticket
When providing the XD links to the developer ticket - ask the developer if they want to be walked through the XD links to better understand each component in addition to answering any questions they may have.
9. Add XD link to the XD repository
Use the link below to add your XD links to the documentation for future reference or in the XD slack channel.
10. Design QA - create a google doc with all design QA changes
Create a google doc with all design QA changes so its in one place for the development team and does not get lost in the Jira comments. Make sure to QA Desktop, tablet and mobile.
11. Communicate any changes with development, QA, and data team.
If any changes happen mid development, make sure each team is fully aware as it may impact the work they have already completed.
12. Create heatmap/user recordings
Once development launches - check launched page once more and then create a heatmap/start recordings in hotjar.
1. Be sure all new XD documents are cloud files.
2. Add my adobe account
to all documents so we can access any cloud files while you might be out.
Remote Working Best Practices