Amazon enjoys an unparalleled appeal when it comes to the e-commerce and online retailing industries. It is the dream platform for countless sellers from across the globe who aim at cracking the Amazon code. Here, professional product photography plays an instrumental role and ensures your products are showcased in the best way possible. Let us know more about Amazon product photography and why it is so important.
What Is Amazon Product Photography?
Product photography (or e-commerce photography) refers to a form of commercial photography that involves taking pictures of products for various promotional and commercial purposes. Similarly, Amazon product photography refers to the process of taking pictures of products specifically for selling on the Amazon website. It aims at presenting the best possible photographic representation of a product, thereby enticing the viewers to purchase. The primary goal of the captured images is to captivate the interest of the target audience, convincing them to invest.
Amazon's Guidelines For Uploading Product Images
Amazon is very rigid with its guidelines for uploading product pictures. A single main listing photo is mandatory for highlighting the key features of your product. The image must show its size alongside the infographics. The product must cover at least 85% of the main image area and should be set against a pure white background. The images must have a minimum dimension of 500 pixels on their longest side but must not exceed 10,000 pixels. These were merely to name a few with plenty more to consider. All these meticulous details are almost impossible to follow without professional assistance.
Why Is Amazon Product Photography So Important?
● Enhance Sales: Your product images are of paramount importance as they serve as the first line of engagement between you and your potential customers. Alluring them, at first sight, might help you win them over and convince them to invest in your product. It, in turn, will significantly boost your sales and profit.
● Improve Page Rankings: Every seller on Amazon aims to maneuver algorithms to their advantage. Superior-quality compelling images go a long way in enhancing the page rankings for your products. It might even help you reach Amazon's suggestions list, further enhancing your conversion rates.
● Grab Customers' Attention: Substandard images leave a bad taste in customers' minds, undermining your credibility. On the other hand, detailed and appealing photos often act as the best way to grab customers' attention.
● Elevate Brand Image: Hiring an Amazon photographer for showcasing your products guarantees favorable outcomes. It adds clarity, seamlessly highlighting the explicit details. The specifications, benefits, measurements, usages, etc., are all featured. Good quality photos go a long way in elevating your brand image and popularizing your products.
● Competitive Advantage: Countless sellers sell similar products with identical features. High-quality photos enable you to stand out, making a positive impression on potential customers. It helps you massively to acquire a competitive edge over your rivals.